参加組織：コペンハーゲンビジネススクール, デンマーク工科大学, Visit Denmark, Wonderful Copenhagen, Visit North Sealand, Visit Carlsberg
Objectives and success criteria:The project specifically aims to investigate a main question: How can Chinese tourism to Denmark be increased? In order to answer this question, other questions are relevant:
- How can Chinese tourists be attracted to visit Denmark?;
- What motivates Chinese tourists to spend extra days and consume more in Denmark?;
- Can a spin-off effect be managed and observed where Chinese tourists who visit Denmark become more receptive of buying Danish products once they are back in their home country?
- In-depth knowledge about Chinese tourist segments. Of particular interest are the segments of Chinese tourists who have not yet chosen Denmark as a tourist destination (identify top three new segments with potential market growth);
- Innovative segment-specific tourism products with tourism-agencies in China (B2B) to attract various types of Chinese segments to Visit North Sealand. At least two local Chinese travel agencies promote the products targeting the top three segments identified in the item i) above);
- An innovative segment-specific communication strategy (B2C) reflecting the mental representations that each specific segment harbors (develop strategies targeting the three respective segments);
- A prototype of a segment-based data collection platform that can subsequently be updated; can accumulate and analyze consumer (tourists) data not only from China but also across multiple markets; and integrate user-specific behavioral prediction tools that can potentially be developed by project participants after the completion of the project.